Youth Support Worker, Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society (Goodfish Lake, AB) - Expires May 28, 2018
Competition Number: 23042018-YSW0004
Position: Youth Support Worker
Department: Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society
Deadline: May 25, 2018
Reporting to the Supervisor, the individual will work with youth 18-24 years of age. The youth worker will support, advocate, offer practical and emotional support and help the youth develop skills to maintain a positive lifestyle.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the youth and their families in achieving goals and tasks as identified on the Transition to Independence Plan.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the youth and their family.
- Assist the youth to make positive choices about present and future options regarding education career, health and life skills support.
- Liaison and advocate for the youth with formal and informal supports.
- Assist the youth with writing resumes, budgeting and essential life skills to assist in independent living.
- Attend and participate in professional development courses, training and meetings as required,
- Perform on call duties as per rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties, as required.
The Person must have all of the following:
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree, or a Social Work Diploma and or minimum 2-year experience in Child & Youth Services Equivalencies maybe considered. Priority will be given to individuals with delegation.
- Excellent interviewing, assessment and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as computer knowledge – (a must)
- Own transportation, as travel is required and a valid driver’s license.
- Undergo the following mandatory requirements: a recent Criminal Record Check, and an Intervention Record Check.
- Knowledge of the Cree Culture and the ability to speak Cree an asset.
Please forward resume and reference to:
Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society
Box 275 Goodfish Lake, Alberta T0A 1R0
Phone (780) 645-6634 Fax: (780) 645-6647
Attention: Teresa Steinhauer
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Notice of Application
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
AMMSA launches News Archives site, and digitized back issues of Windspeaker
As of today, we are celebrating our 35th year of publishing Indigenous news with the launch of the new AMMSA News Archives.