Teaching positions for the Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority
The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) is seeking highly motivated individuals for various teaching positions for the Atikameg School, Cadotte Lake School, Clarence Jaycox School, Kateri School, Little Buffalo School and Peerless Lake School. The Teachers shall be responsible to implement the school program in accordance to Alberta Curriculum guidelines of the school they are assigned to. The Teachers report directly to and will be supervised and evaluated by the Principal for the successful undertaking of his/her duties.
Atikameg School is located on Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 and is 428 km’s north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school is designed to accommodate 500 students from K5 to Grade 12. Two towns are located nearby for your shopping convenience.
Cadotte Lake School is located on Woodland Cree First Nation is 88 kms east of Peace River, Alberta and 5 hours north of Edmonton. Over 200 students from K5 to Grade 12 attend the school.
Clarence Jaycox School is located on Loon River First Nation with approximately 160 students from K5 to Grade 12. They are located 5 hours north of Edmonton and a 5-minute drive from the hamlet of Red Earth Creek.
Little Buffalo Lake School is located on the Lubicon Lake Band and is located 102 kms east of Peace River, Alberta and 5 hours north of Edmonton. Little Buffalo school has approximately 200 students enrolled and is a K-12 school.
Kateri School is located in Trout Lake within the Peerless Trout First Nation (PTFN) and is 513 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school has an enrollment of approximately 50 students and is a K-12 school. Trout Lake is about a 60 minute drive from Red Earth Creek, AB.
Peerless Lake School is location in Peerless Lake, AB within the Peerless Trout First Nation (PTFN) and is 488 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school has an enrollment of approximately 150 students and is a K-12 school. Peerless Lake is about a 45 minute driver from Red Earth Creek, AB
The Teacher shall provide competent, professional teaching services in accordance with the following principles:
- Diagnosing educational needs and prescribing and implementing instructional programs that meet the needs of each student and comply with the Alberta Education curriculum;
- Treating students with dignity and respect, having regard for their unique circumstances, including adhering to human rights and privacy law; and
- Performing their professional obligations in their role as a teacher and not seeking payment or profit for tutoring or from the sale of educational goods or services.
- Taking responsibility for his or her own actions and work performance;
- Demonstrating integrity, respect and courtesy to their fellow teachers; and
- Contributing to a fair, equitable and harmonious work place;
- The Teacher shall act honorably and with integrity which includes fulfilling contractual obligations unless released by mutual consent or according to law;
- The Teacher shall respect the philosophies and approaches of the Education Authority, which include fulfilling the goal of educating students in a fashion that takes account of their spiritual, moral, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs; and creating a safe, trusting, caring, stimulating, and interactive climate where students can be productive academically.
All candidates must be eligible for teacher certification in Alberta. For more information on this process, refer to the Alberta Education website.
Conditions of Employment:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide an up-to-date RCMP criminal record check before employment is confirmed.
Effective: 2018/2019 School Year
Application: To express interest in applying in these positions please submit cover letter, resume, professional references, and community school of interest to mailto:educationHR@ktcea.ca
For more information on the specific teaching positions available refer to the Education Canada Website
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.
The Personal Information submitted pursuant to the advertisement will be utilized for the employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Metis Spring Festival 2018
May 18 to 20 in St. Albert, Alberta
Public Notice: Proposed Terms of Reference for Environmental Assessment
Pembina Gas Services Ltd.