Principals: The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority
The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) is seeking highly motivated individuals for the position of Principal for the two KTCEA Schools joining the KTCEA September 01, 2018. The Principals shall be responsible to manage the day to day activities of the school they are assigned to. The Principals report directly to and will be supervised and evaluated by the Superintendent for the successful undertaking of his/her duties.
Kateri School is located in Trout Lake within the Peerless Trout First Nation (PTFN) and is 513 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school has an enrollment of approximately 50 students and is a K-12 school. Trout Lake is about a 60 minute drive from Red Earth Creek, AB.
Peerless Lake School is location in Peerless Lake, AB within the Peerless Trout First Nation (PTFN) and is 488 kms north of Edmonton, Alberta. The school has an enrollment of approximately 150 students and is a K-12 school. Peerless Lake is about a 45 minute driver from Red Earth Creek, AB.
KTCEA is looking for individuals who have successful experience in success for First Nations learning, especially in their indigenous language and principles. Including but not limited to:
- Implement the school program in accordance to Alberta Curriculum guidelines.
- Ability to engage students, staff, parents and community to encourage a successful and inviting learning environment.
- Work closely with the Superintendent to work towards common goals of the school and community.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, and facilitate staff in their personal growth and students in the advancement of their education.
- A minimum of 5 successful years of teaching experience in First Nations communities.
Effective: September 01, 2018
Closing Date: April 27, 2018
Application: To express interest in applying in these roles, please submit cover letter, resume, professional references, and community school of interest to mailto:educationHR@ktcea.ca
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted. The Personal Information submitted pursuant to the advertisement will be utilized for the employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Metis Spring Festival 2018
May 18 to 20 in St. Albert, Alberta
Public Notice: Proposed Terms of Reference for Environmental Assessment
Pembina Gas Services Ltd.