PRESIDENT, Blue Quills University (St. Paul, AB) - Expires July 30, 2018
President (Full-time Position)
University nuhelot’I įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills is celebrating almost 50 years of excellence in Indigenous education. We are owned and operated by the surrounding 7 member nations and provide post- secondary education to students of all cultures. Applicant philosophy should align with the UnBQ philosophy, vision and mission statements.
The purpose of this position is to assist the UnBQ team, the Board of Governors, students and the First Nation member communities in areas of post-secondary.
The Responsibilities of the President include:
- Being accountable to the Board of Governors for all aspects of the Universities academic, financial and community performance.
- The President shall work with the management team and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the University.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work with all stakeholders including First Nation political leaders, external organizations and staff.
- He/She will ensure the University nuhelot’I įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills structure and purpose are aligned with the University mission, vision and philosophy statements in an environment that facilitates indigenous governance and relational accountability.
- He/She will be well experienced in post-secondary leadership and possess a Doctoral degree/PhD from a University.
- Exceptional knowledge, understanding, and practice of First Nations history, cultures, traditions, protocols, issues and social structures.
- Proven experience in strategically positioning internal and external communications including excellent skills in public and media relations (ability to communicate in a First Nations language is an asset).
- Ability to travel.
Posted: June 15, 2018
Salary to be negotiated. Open competition until successful candidate is found.
Please submit resumes to:
Tina Houle, HR Lead at Box 279, St. Paul, AB T0A-3A0 Fax: (780)645-5215/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for interview will be contacted.