OFF RESERVE FIRST NATION FAMILY FIND/KINSHIP RECRUITER
POSITION: OFF RESERVE FIRST NATION FAMILY FIND/KINSHIP RECRUITER
DEPARTMENT: TCCFS EAST SOCIETY
DEADLINE: AUGUST 11, 2017 AT 4:30 PM
SALARY/WAGES: DEPENDENT ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Tribal Chief Child and Family Services (East) Society, a dynamic, growing Cree First Nation organization providing programs and services to children and families in need of support and protection so that they can become positive healthy contributing members in their respective communities.
The Off Reserve First Nation Family Find/Kinship Recruiter is responsible to the Tribal Chief Child and Family Services (East) Executive Director for all matters that relate to all First Nations child(ren) registered to or potential to be registered to the member Nation communities of Kehewin Cree Nation and Frog Lake First Nation, that are currently being case managed by a CFSA within Edmonton Region. This position is a shared position between TCCFS (East) Society and Edmonton Region, developed as a pilot to bridge the gap in services to the member Nation children in care Off Reserve. TCCFS (East) Society is taking a proactive approach with this position and a primary goal is to be actively involved in the planning and permanency options for these children, utilizing a sound culturally based approach.
Reporting to the First Nation Family Connections Supervisor, the First Nation Family Find/Kinship Recruiter will be self-motivated and be responsible for facilitating the childrens’ cultural connections and reuniting the children with their families. This position is located in Edmonton and works directly on cases relating to children of Kehewin Cree Nation and Frog Lake First Nation residing Off Reserve.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree with direct front-line experience, or a Social Work Diploma and a minimum of 2 years experience in Child, Youth and Family Services - equivalencies maybe considered.
- Must have knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation skills.
- Diplomacy, Advisory and Facilitation skills.
- Dependable, honest, self starter and excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act and Policy Manual.
- Strong computer skills, must have a solid proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point are required.
- Own transportation, as travel is required and a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must be willing to undergo the mandatory requirements of a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check (CICIO)
- Candidates considered for hire must provide 3 work related references minimum (one immediate supervisor), and all educational and training documentation for verification.
- Knowledge of the Cree Culture and the ability to speak Cree an asset.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS FOR THEIR INTEREST IN THIS APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
TRIBAL CHIEF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES EAST SOCIETY
BOX 29, KEHEWIN, AB T0A 1C0
PHONE (780) 826-7676 FAX: (780) 826-4311
ATTENTION: JOAN CONDON, SENIOR FINANCE/HR OFFICER