Morning Host, CJWE-FM (Calgary, AB)
Morning Host – Calgary Alberta
We are launching our new radio station in Calgary and are looking for a dynamic broadcaster with a great work ethic to join the CJWE Radio Family as a morning host. The successful candidate will be funny, quick on their feet and have a passion for creating great content.
The successful candidate will:
- host the morning show on the CJWE Radio Network weekdays 6:00a – 10:00a.
- prepare, plan and execute a live morning show and voice commercials.
- have integrity, are real and honest with your audience and co-workers.
- connect with the audience on-air, in person and on social media.
- enthusiastically participate in station events, and represent CJWE as you host
- on-site events and live broadcasts as required.
- embrace network voice tracking.
- grow, invent, create, connect and make things happen that go beyond the job description.
- have a desire to build strong relationships within the community.
- be aware of issues relevant to Indigenous communities.
- Diploma in Radio Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent.
- Minimum 1year of on-air experience.
- Strong computer skills and experience with broadcast software programs.
- Strong writing skills and exceptional judgment.
- High quality on-air sound.
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment based on team and individual effort.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and awareness of Indigenous issues
- Knowledge of an Indigenous language would be an asset
We encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume, cover letter and on air demo, in confidence to Boyd Leader, Director of Radio: Boyd@cfweradio.ca.
Ensure that the subject line in your email is “CJWE Morning Host.” Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please.