Junior Landscape Designer, Grand Realty & Management Ltd (Calgary, AB)
Employer: Grand Realty & Management Ltd.
Contact: Daniel Wong
Position: Junior Landscape Designer
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
Hourly wage: $28.85 - $29.65
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Work Location: 112 16 Ave NW, Calgary, Alberta, T2M 0H2
This position will be within the Property Management Division of Grand Realty & Management and responsible for creating conceptual designs and detailed construction drawings, consistent with professional drafting standards for residential and commercial properties.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Gathering initial information to successfully setup design development including, liaisons with internal and externDanielal customers to determine client needs and design requirements
- Survey and assess designated sites: Measurements & photos
- Developing preliminary designs, creates 2D & 3D presentation renderings, with focus on creating working drawings, including layout and grading plans as well as planting plans and construction details
- Preparing & distributes drawings for stakeholder review and submission
- Make modifications based on feedback to satisfy the Client’s needs until they are satisfied with their design.
- Working with Management on pre-development land planning studies
- Investigating and advises Management of solutions or makes suggestions for improvement of standard landscape design details and specifications
- Updating the division drafting standards and procedures.
Other duties may be assigned as required, in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- A degree in a specialized design program in landscape, environmental, architecture or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Previous landscape design experience is an asset
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of landscape architecture/design
- Proficiency in AutoCad- Ability to make accurate drawings to scale in AutoCad from sketches, design drawings and verbal instructions.
- Good design and graphic communication skills (hand/computer).
- Using experience with SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator graphic software is required
- Capable to prepare and interpret complete landscape architecture plans, construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Knowledge of horticultural and ecological principles and their relationship to landscape planning and design.
- Knowledge of surveying methods, topographical mapping and geographic information systems (GIS)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; Excel, Word and PowerPoint and file management
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize duties, to meet deadlines and work independently or as part of a team with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and a consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Excellent English communication and strong customer service skills with the ability to partner with all levels of the organization.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please quote “Junior Landscape Designer” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.