INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR SUPERVISORS (Barrie, ON) - Expires August 30, 2018
PSP Fabricating is Hiring Four (4) Industrial Sewing Machine Operator Supervisors
About us: We design, manufacture, and supply: swimming pool safety, spa & hot tub covers and solar blankets to pool & spa professionals in Canada. The company offers its products through builders, dealers, home hardware retailers and home & garden stores. PSP is dedicated to producing high quality products and creating innovative products for the industry to help pool & spa owners to protect and enjoy a great backyard outdoor living space and their investment.
Company Operating Name: PSP Fabricating Inc.
Business Address: 11 Morrow Road, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 3V7
Position Title: Industrial Sewing Machine Operator Supervisor
Available Positions: Four (4)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent – Full-time
- 40 hours / week
- Mornings, Day, Shift, Weekend, Nights
Wage: $22.70 / hour
This position will be responsible for overseeing the activities of all sewing machine operators; includes assigning and monitoring the production schedule. They are also responsible for producing the current product schedule on time and to the required quality levels.
- Supervise the production of 3 – 8 workers, monitor the fabrication, assembly, and inspect the finished product;
- Train staff in job duties, company policies and safety procedures; including setting up sewing machines, and any other related equipment as required;
- Monitor staff attendance and performance, address both production and people issues, recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality, recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promoting current staff;
- Prepare production reports, as well as requisition material and supplies;
- Perform other jobs as directed by management.
Skill / Experience Requirements:
Education: Secondary (High) School Required
Work: 3 – 5 Years of related work experience, must be comfortable working with industrial sewing machines
Language – Must have good English Communicating Skills
Work site Environment: Dusty, Hot and Noisy