We are a professional couple who have 3-month old boy/girl twins. We are looking for a full time caregiver to come to our private residence daily and care for our children. We live in Evergreen, Calgary, Alberta. The position we seek is for a nanny to work in our home and be responsible for all tasks related to the care of our children. They will serve as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion to our children and should be willing to commit to a long-term arrangement for at least two years. The individual is someone who we would look forward to welcoming into our home as a family member. We also have an 8-year-old shar pei dog who is extremely friendly and happy-go-lucky.
Create a stimulating, nurturing, healthy and safe environment for the children
• Tend to the emotional wellbeing of the children
• Supervise the children’s activities at all times
• Plan, prepare and feed nutritious meals
• Dress the children
• Bathe the children
• Potty training in the future for both children
• Perform housework related to childcare, including washing the children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas
• Teach the children good social manners
• Instruct children in personal hygiene
• Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors
• Take children to play centres, play dates and other organized activities at local centers (library, community center) in the future, when age appropriate
• Plan and lead educational preschool and school aged activities including reading, crafts, songs, activity books, worksheets, etc.
• Discipline the children, when necessary
• Administer medicine to the children when / if necessary
• Maintain tidy household
• Household laundry if time permits
• Comfortable with household pets
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
• Physical ability to care for 2 young children
• Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
• Excellent, verifiable references
• Paying $15/hour, 40 to 44 hours per week, some flexible hours
• Public Transportation is available.
• We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment groups include but are not limited to students, youth, veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, newcomers to Canada, seniors, apprentices.
• Employer to cover relocation costs.