FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR, Sun's BBQ Restaurant (Calgary, AB) - Expires March 6, 2018
Food Service Supervisor
Sun’s BBQ Restaurant is looking for a full-time permanent Food Service Supervisor to join our busy restaurant located in Northwest of Calgary.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week), Shift, Weekend, Day, Evening
Hourly Wage: $15.00 - $16.00
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Location: 6-1423 Centre Street NW, Calgary, AB T2E 2R8
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the food and services delivered meet quality control standards as per Alberta Health Services;
- Supervise on food and services related matters, including scheduling and work assigning;
- Assist in customer issues and provide excellent customer services on a daily basis;
- Estimate and order supplies and to provide efficient restaurant service when needed;
- Obtain and maintain stocks, repairs, sales and wastage records;
- Organize daily opening or closing activities, including cleaning, dishwashing, food storage refilling, etc.;
- Follow sanitation guidelines; and
- Assist in the training of new employees.
Positon Requirements and Qualifications:
- Secondary school (senior High) graduation is required; a college diploma is preferred
- Minimum one year’s restaurant supervisor experience;
- Previous experience in supervising 5-10 employees in food service;
- Familiar with the process and supervision in Chinese food service
- Strong organization and effective oral communication skills;
- Team player – positive, reliable and motivated
- Fluent in English; Chinese language is as an asset as many workers who speak Chinese under supervision, as well as to major Asian
- Physically capable of performing the required duties and work on flexible hours by shift;
- Security and safety: basic security clearance.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, combination of sitting, standing and walking
Interested applicants may submit their applications by email or apply in person; qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and would like to join and grow with Sun’s BBQ Restaurant, we encourage you to send us a Cover Letter and Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
6-1423 Centre Street NW
Calgary, AB T2E 2R8