FAMILY WORKER, Alta Care Resources (Edmonton, AB) - Expires May 3, 2018
Alta Care Resources requires a Resiliency Worker who is responsible for maintaining or increasing the level of safety, well-being, permanency and connection to supports available to their clients. The Resiliency Worker provides services to individuals and families that are at a medium to low risk level and may have core-protection concerns. The worker completes accurate assessments, develops effective care plans, and ensures that their clients meet the targets of these plans. This role further requires Resiliency Worker to assess and interview clients, record accurate and detailed case notes, and develop and maintain sustainable relationships with other professionals in the community.
As a learning organization, we are searching for candidates, who may not possess all of the formal skills required for the role. We are however looking for the following capacities: self-directed, enjoys people, embraces team work and is a life-long learner. Alta Care Resources is willing to invest in your learning by providing the support and training in the areas required to build your competencies and capacities.
Alta Care Resources is focused on serving populations that are the hardest to serve and most vulnerable. Our actions are guided by our deep commitment to our mission:
To serve children, youth and families in a manner that builds from resiliencies, empowers changes and transforms adversity.
As a member of the Alta Care Resources team, you will be involved in a highly dynamic human services organization that serves at-risk children, youth and families within the Edmonton region. Alta Care Resources is a progressive and exciting organization with over twenty years of experience in helping children, youth and families. All programs are currently contracted by Edmonton and Area Children’s Services.
Responsibilities and Duties
We may be the right work place for you, if you are a practitioner who:
- wants to work with families, youth and children in their greatest moment of need
- learns and grow on an on-going basis
- wants to have fun with your team and clients
- is willing to leave your “comfort zone” and change
- uses creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills to address client needs
- wants to use data analysis and research to enhance and build quality services
- uses their judgment and decision making to ensure ethical practice
- is open to learning human services policy and procedure, legislation, laws and standards
- wants to work in an open and diverse team
- wants to have a positive impact on their community
- Must be willing to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Education in Human Services is required
- Core-protection practical experience an asset
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Excellent assessment, interviewing, and intervention skills
- Advanced communication skills required, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Must have a well-maintained vehicle and cell phone
- Must be over 21 years old
- Must have a clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check
- Have a class 5 non-GDL license
- Transporting clients in personal vehicle is required
- Schedule require work on evenings and one weekend day, reflective of client needs
- Provide many different services
- Must be able to conduct restraints in a manner that is safe for the worker and client
- Work within client’s homes and in the community
- Services will be provided to individuals with many different abilities, backgrounds, health statuses and lifestyles
Qualifications and Skills
- Two years post-secondary education or two years direct field experience or a combination of education and experience resulting in two years. Full membership of applicable association(s).
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Reliable vehicle and valid class 5 NON GDL driver’s license, 2 million Liability Insurance
- Demonstrated leadership and independent working skills.
Final assessment of a candidates’ suitability will be based upon the following documents:
- Professional references
- Child Intervention Check
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstracts
- Verification of education
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume that indicate their capacity to address the needs of the clients we serve. If there is a match between the skills and experience and our agency needs, candidates will be contacted and asked to complete a written application which will be sent to them via email.
Final evaluation will be based on an in-person, written and interactive interview will take place. This will be the final screening activity of the application stage.
We recognize and value that you take care of others in your role and it is important that you have a chance to take care of yourself. Alta Care Resources offers competitive salary ($45,760.00- 49,920.00) and benefits, including: increased vacation, Group Insurance Benefits (Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits), RRSP Benefits (2% to 4% Employer Contribution), Personal Spending Account, and many other benefits!!
Please Forward your resume to:
Nata Kasimova in Human Resources
By Email: Nata.Kasimova@altacare.ca
By Fax: 780-453-3723
Metis Spring Festival 2018
May 18 to 20 in St. Albert, Alberta
Public Notice: Proposed Terms of Reference for Environmental Assessment
Pembina Gas Services Ltd.