FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER, Alta Care Resources (Edmonton, AB) - Expires May 3, 2018
Family Support Worker
Alta Care Resources requires a Resiliency Development Manager who is responsible for maintaining or increasing the level of safety, well-being, permanency and connection to supports available to their clients. The Resiliency Development Manager provides services to youth or families that are experiencing crisis or high-risk behaviors and may have core-protection concerns. The Resiliency Development Manager will provide de-escalation and stabilization to person(s) served that are in a state of crisis and/or presenting with high risk behaviors. The worker will establish and maintain a respectful, collaborative working relationship with person(s) served; provide assessment and information as well as model and teach skills that support effective parenting and healthy family functioning. This role further requires Resiliency Development Manager to assess and interview clients, record accurate and detailed case notes, and develop and maintain sustainable relationships with other professionals in the community.
Alta Care Resources is focused on serving populations that are the hardest to serve and most vulnerable. Our actions are guided by our deep commitment to our mission:
To serve children, youth and families in a manner that builds from resiliencies, empowers changes and transforms adversity.
As a member of the Alta Care Resources team, you will be involved in a highly dynamic human services organization that serves at-risk children, youth and families within the Edmonton region. Alta Care Resources is a progressive and exciting organization with over twenty years of experience in helping children, youth and families. All programs are currently contracted by Edmonton and Area Children’s Services.
If you are effective, internally motivated and interested in developing your skills and growth, please feel free to apply. Here is a brief description of what you will experience if you choose a career with Alta Care Resources:
- A focus on your professional growth and skill development, including monthly face to face meetings with your direct supervisor
- On call supervisory support available 24/7
- On-going training opportunities and monthly skill development meetings to build tools and skills relevant to service delivery
- Monthly program meetings
- Increased Vacation, Wellness Days, RRSP benefit package, Equitable Life Health Benefits and much more!!
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Resiliency Development Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Completing accurate assessments, developing effective care plans, and ensuring that their clients meet the targets of these plans.
- Working within Collaborative Service Delivery team, you creatively and effectively plan with the family ensuring that the family achieves permanency, safety, well-being and family/community supports
- Working with youth or families in their homes, you address concerns related to safety – family violence, mental health, addictions
- Working with youth or families to increase their wellbeing and/or life skills (i.e. housing, budgeting, employment)
- Completing evidence based assessments, then summarizing results and creating goal plans during Service Team Meetings with the child/youth, family, CS caseworker and other relevant stake holders
- Position is Full Time Salaried $ 52,000.00 - $56,160.00
- Schedule is client centered – times are booked with the family, availability during the evenings and weekends is mandatory
- Vehicle allowance is provided to reimburse for use of personal vehicle
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in the Human Services field and three years related experience. Full membership of applicable association(s).
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Reliable vehicle and valid class 5 NON GDL driver’s license, 2 million Liability Insurance
- Demonstrated leadership and independent working skills.
Final assessment of a candidates’ suitability will be based upon the following documents:
- Professional references
- Child Intervention Check
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstracts
- Verification of education
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume that indicate their capacity to address the needs of the clients we serve. If there is a match between the skills and experience and our agency needs, candidates will be contacted and asked to complete a written application which will be sent to them via email.
Final evaluation will be based on an in-person, written and interactive interview will take place. This will be the final screening activity of the application stage.
Alta Care Resources offers competitive salary $ 52,000.00- $56,160.00 and benefits including: increased vacation, Group Insurance Benefits (Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits), RRSP Benefits (2% to 4% Employer Contribution), Personal Spending Account, and many other benefits!!
Please Forward your resume to:
Nata Kasimova in Human Resources
By Email: Nata.Kasimova@altacare.ca
By Fax: 780-453-3723
Metis Spring Festival 2018
May 18 to 20 in St. Albert, Alberta
Public Notice: Proposed Terms of Reference for Environmental Assessment
Pembina Gas Services Ltd.