EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Métis Family Services (Surrey, BC) - Expires May 28, 2018
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Surrey, BC)
CLOSING DATE: MAY 28, 2018 AT 4 P.M. (PST)
Full Time Contract Position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Métis Family Services is a progressive and innovative agency committed to working collaboratively with Métis families and our community to increase their capacity to nurture and care for their children in a cultural and relevant manner. Métis Family Services is an agency delegated by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) to provide a broad range of child protection, family support, and enhancing cultural awareness and involvement to our Métis community. Our vision is to see a world in which Métis children (all children) have the right to family ties, culture, love and acceptance. Our core values are to work in an inclusive, professional, culturally appropriate and trusting environment. We strive for honesty, openness and quality in everything we do, and treat our staff, clients and community with dignity and respect.
Métis Family Services is looking for an Executive Director to lead the organization towards the achievement of our goals. This is a fulltime contract position, working with a progressive agency with approximately 50 – 60 staff members. The Executive Director will work in collaboration with the voluntary Board of Directors to achieve the Agency’s mission, vision and goals.
Primary Duties & Requirements:
The Executive Director will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the agency, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, funders and community partners. They will be required to act within compliance with all applicable laws, Acts and regulations with particular emphasis on the Child, Family and Community Services Act. They will be required to ensure that the Agency achieves and maintains a positive image within the community and maintains a high standard of practice for its facilities and services. They will be required to develop and implement the operational policies to guide the Agency within the limits prescribed by the regulations, other applicable laws, and the framework of the strategic directions adopted by the board. They will be required to direct and monitor the Agency’s activities in a manner that ensures the assets of the Agency are safeguarded and optimized in the best interests of the communities the agency serves. They will be required to ensure compliance with the Agency’s policies, procedures, and practices including environment, health, safety and financial management. The successful candidate will be familiar with Métis culture and the Aboriginal history in Canada.
- Master of Social Work or equivalent with a minimum of five years of child protection/welfare experience. A minimum experience of five years in organizational management including human resources, financial management, contract management, strategic planning, standards compliance, working collaboratively with partnership organizations, working in collaboration with a Governance Team, working within a unionized environment.
- Preference will be given to qualified Métis/Indigenous candidates;
- An individual who has experience in delivering culturally sensitive services
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of working within the child welfare system, including child protection, fostering, adoption, contract management, human resources and financial management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with local community resources. Networking with organizations.
- Solid understanding of working within a Métis organization and culture
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- C6 delegation
- Adoption Delegation
- Working knowledge of CCSEA
- The Board of Directors of MFS
COMPENSATION: TO BE NEGOTIATED; PLUS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING PENSION
How to apply:
Send Resume to: Jenelle McMillan, Secretary/Treasurer, Métis Family Services
MFSBoardSecretary@outlook.com (Case Sensitive)
Please quote “Executive Director” on your cover letter and in the subject line of emails.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
Only those qualified for an interview will be contacted.
Métis Family Services
#312 - 7485 – 130h Street
Surrey, BC V3W 1H8
Telephone: (604) 584-6621
Notice of Application
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
AMMSA launches News Archives site, and digitized back issues of Windspeaker
As of today, we are celebrating our 35th year of publishing Indigenous news with the launch of the new AMMSA News Archives.