EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT & HUMAN RESOURCES, Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society (St. Paul, AB) - Expires May 31, 2018
Competition Number: EAHR07052018-003
Job Title: Executive Assistant and Human Resources
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time – St. Paul, Sub-Office
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for compiling, verifying, recording and processing forms and documents such as Board Minutes, Federal and Provincial agreements, memo’s, correspondence, directives, assist in any other related duties as assigned. The incumbent will focus on Human Resource files.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports for presentation to the Board of Directors. Assists in the preparation of operational plans and business plans for Board approval. Assist in the preparation of job postings when need arises to fill vacant positions. Contacts all media sources and posts all job postings. Collect all incoming applications and ensure that all the appropriate documentation has been sent by the applicant. Contacts successful applicants for interviews, schedules interview times. Prepare interview packages for the people who are interviewing.
- Contacts the successful candidate for the position and ensures all the appropriate documentation is forwarded to finance once the person has been hired. Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings and record and transcribe minutes. Draft correspondence, memos and reports for the Executive Director. Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports as assigned by the Executive Director. Prepare Power Point presentations for the Executive Director as required. Performs related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Maintain Personnel Files for all staff to track for vacations, medical leave, bereavement leave, and education leave and lieu time and provide updates on monthly bases to line supervisors. Ensures that all Fees for Service Agreements, contracts, and required documentation are up to date. Keep the Employee files in a secured locked cabinet;
- A Business Administration Degree, finance training with minimum two years’ experience in Administration and human resources.
- A recent and clean Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC) are mandatory.
- Strong computer skills, must have a solid proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, is required. Must be prepared to learn additional skills if required.
- Own transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- The ability to speak Cree a definite asset.
Please forward your Resume, a clean Criminal Record Check and a CYIM Check to:
Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society
P.O. Box 275 Goodfish Lake, Alberta T0A 1R0
Phone: (780) 645-6634 Fax: (780) 645-6647
Deadline for application is 4:30 p.m. May 31, 2018
Attention: Teresa Steinhauer
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be considered.
Notice of Application
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
AMMSA launches News Archives site, and digitized back issues of Windspeaker
As of today, we are celebrating our 35th year of publishing Indigenous news with the launch of the new AMMSA News Archives.