DIRECTOR, Indigenous Portfolio (Sudbury, ON) - Expires March 30, 2018
DIRECTOR - INDIGENOUS PORTFOLIO
(three (3) year term appointment with possibility of renewal)
A bilingual institution based in the tradition of its founding Jesuit Fathers and committed to promoting the traditions and culture of the Indigenous people, the University of Sudbury offers a liberal arts education with programs in Philosophy, Religious Studies, Folklore, Journalism, and Indigenous Studies. For more information about the university, visit www.usudbury.ca
The Director’s main responsibilities will be to lead the development and implementation of the University’s overall strategic plan regarding its Indigenous portfolio including the advancement of the institution’s response to the call for action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and the development of pertinent and meaningful partnerships at all levels (i.e. regional, provincial, national).
- demonstrated experience as a dynamic leader; experience working with Indigenous communities;
- excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships;
- a well-developed understanding and appreciation of the Indigenous culture, history and practices is essential; knowledge of the local or regional culture an asset;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- excellent organisational skills and a commitment to excellence;
- knowledge of an Indigenous language (with a preference for Nishnaabemwin or Cree) or French would be an asset;
- university degree in a related field is an asset.
Additional information can be found at www.usudbury.ca/en/about-us/employment-opportunities. Applications are to be sent to Sylvie Renault at firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 30, 2018.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The University of Sudbury is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified applicants including women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.