Indigenous Resource Worker (Red Deer and Rocky Mountain House, AB) - Expires December 3, 2017
Heritage Family Services is looking to hire an Indigenous Resource Worker for our Red Deer and Rocky Mountain House, Alberta group homes to coordinate staff training, be a cultural resource for activities, events, protocols, to oversee individual cultural plans, help our youth stay connected to family and their cultural community as well as liaise with families and referring agencies. The Indigenous Resource Worker will practice their cultural values and beliefs and will be able to teach or support the youth and staff in the spirit of these values.
Our team is filled with warm, caring individuals who deliver quality programming to our youth on a daily basis. We are committed to our youth maturing as culturally diverse individuals.
The successful applicant must possess:
* Combination of experience and teachings with First Nation, Metis and/or Inuit culture
* Minimum of five years experience working with youth and families
* Strong ties to the Aboriginal community and cultural resources
* Ability to interact with a multi-disciplinary team
* Fluency in an Aboriginal language would be considered an asset
* Valid Class 5 drivers license
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with the youth and co-workers
* Able to remain calm and patient during times of crisis
* Able to work in a trauma informed manner
* First Aid Level A CPR/AED
* Available for a variety of shifts that include weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Please forward resumes with at least 2 references to:
Fax: 403-343-9293 ATTN: Human Resources
In Person: #300, 4825 – 47 Street, Red Deer AB T4N 1R3
**All applicants must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Child Intervention Check prior to confirmation of employment. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, therefore, please prepare accordingly.
Notice of Application: Grassy Mountain Coal Project
CCA Applications No. 1844520 and 1902073 EPEA Applications No. 001-403427 WA Applications No. 001-00403428, 001-00403429, 001-00403430 and 001-00403431 PLA Applications No. MSL160757, MSL160758, LOC160841, LOC160842 and LOC970943