COOK, Cataldi Fresh Market (Woodbridge, ON) - Expires April 9, 2018
Cataldi Fresh Market is in search for an experienced Cook, experienced in preparing Italian food, to add to their existing culinary team.
Cataldi Fresh Market has become today; where customers can find fresh groceries, freshly butchered meats, handmade pastries and cakes as well as an epic hot table that is loaded with 20-25 different Italian style foods. Our patrons can sit down and enjoy, take out and share or work with our in-house Chef to make a custom catering menu, specific to their event/function. Our style is to deliver qualify Italian foods loaded with superior quality ingredients. Cataldi Fresh Market is built on tradition and quality ingredients and superior culinary staff.
Company: Cataldi Fresh Market
Start date: As soon as Possible
Address: 140 Woodbridge Avenue, Unit DL1, Woodbridge, ON L4L 4K9
Position Available: 1 Cook
Terms of employment: Permanent position – Full-time
Wage: $17.00/Hour – 40-44 Hours per week.
Shifts: Weekends, mornings and daytime hours, some overtime
Location of work: Woodbridge, Ontario
Language: English is spoken in the work place. Candidates must have good English communication Skills. Italian is an asset however not a requirement of the position.
- Education – Completion of High School
- Work experience - 2 - 3 years of experience in commercial cooking
- Experience in Italian food preparation
- Work Site Environment – Fast pace and high pressure
Main duties of the Cook would be:
- Prepare and cook dishes as per the Chef’s direction for individual meal consumption, hot table, and catering menus and corporate events
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food portions are appropriate for hot tables, replenishing hot table items as required, specific catering requests and corporate functions
- Work with minimal supervision
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies and intolerances
- Follow recipes
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas.
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, etc.)
- Clean kitchen and work areas
Contact information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 647-723-0432