CLINICAL THERAPIST (Red Deer, AB) - Expires April 2, 2018
Heritage Family Services is looking for a Clinical Therapist to serve alongside a Program Coordinator to as a vital partner who shares the vision and responsibility of providing therapeutic care to children living in a residential program. The Clinical Therapist is a proficient clinician and consultant with the ability to develop and implement care/assessment plans, risk assessments and safety plans for clients in a supportive team environment.
The ideal candidate will likely be characterized by others as authentic, service focused, responsible, inclusive, conscientious and curious. They will possess a Master’s Degree in Human Services, preferably Psychology or Counselling, registration with a professionally recognized designation, and hold professional liability insurance.
In addition to these characteristics, the successful candidate for the position of Clinical Therapist will possess the following competencies:
- Respectful of individual and cultural diversity
- Experiential knowledge of indigenous language and healing practices
- Utilizes reflective practice
- Possesses excellent relationship building skills
- Understands scientific knowledge and methods
- Participates in evidence based practice
- Adherence to Ethical/legal standards and Policy
- Practices self assessment and self care
- Able to work independently
- Familiar with Trauma Informed and Attachment theories
- Organized and able to meet documentation requirements
- Available to provide on-call crisis support to program
Heritage Family Services is a person focused, service oriented team with predominately a trauma informed, attachment-based, and developmentally appropriate approach to caregiving. With an upstanding record of serving children and families for forty years in Alberta, Heritage Family Services’ values authenticity, service, quality and responsibility. These values draw both new and experienced human services professionals to build long rewarding careers in a positive, fulfilling environment.
Please forward resumes with at least 2 references to:
Attn: Human Resources
#300 4825 – 47 Street
Red Deer AB T4N 1R3
For more information, please call 403-343-3422