CHILD CAREGIVER, Private Household (Calgary, AB) - Expires August 28, 2018
CHILD CAREGIVER IN PRIVATE HOME
We are a professional couple with 3 children. Twin girls aged three (in October) and a 2 month old daughter. Starting November 2018 we will require a caregiver. We live in the Currie Barracks, Calgary, Alberta. The position we seek is for a nanny to work in our home and be responsible for all tasks related to the care of our children. They will serve as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion to our children and should be willing to commit to an arrangement for at least two years. The individual is someone who we would look forward to welcoming into our home as a family member. Our home is smoke free and we have a very friendly golden retriever.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, healthy and safe environment for the children
- Tend to the emotional wellbeing of the children
- Supervise the children’s activities at all times
- Plan, prepare and feed nutritious meals
- Dress the children
- Adhere to a strict nap schedule for our children
- Perform housework related to childcare, including washing the children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas
- Teach the children good social manners
- Instruct children in personal hygiene
- Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors
- Take children to play centres, play dates and other organized activities at local centers (library, community center etc.)
- Plan and lead educational preschool activities including reading, crafts, songs, activity books, worksheets, etc.
- Discipline the children, when necessary
- Administer medicine to the children when / if necessary
- Maintain tidy household
- Take twins to/from preschool twice a week
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate
- Preference to hire someone with nanny experience and/or experience working with children
- Clean background check / criminal check
- Clean driving record
- Completion of a training program in childcare or a related field
- First aid training and CPR
- Authorization to work in Canada
- Excellent command of the English language. Open to introduce children to other languages
- Reliable, honest, responsible and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for 3 young children
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Excellent, verifiable references
- Paying $14.00/hour, approx. 35-40 hours per week, some flexible hours
- Public Transportation is available.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment groups include but are not limited to students, youth, veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, newcomers to Canada, seniors, apprentices.
- Employer to cover relocation costs.