CHILD & YOUTH CARE WORKER, Alta Care Resources (Edmonton, AB) - Expires May 3, 2018
Child & Youth Care Worker
Alta Care Resources is offering a new competitive salary ($45,760 - $49,920.00) and a new and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to: 3 Weeks’ Vacation, Health Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Wellness Days, and much more to help support your work/life balance and quality of life. This is a great position if you have just finished post-secondary school or have limited experience in this field. This position will help you grow exceptional skills while working in a team environment.
Alta Care Resources is focused on serving populations that are the hardest to serve and most vulnerable. Our actions are guided by our deep commitment to our mission: To serve children, youth and families in a manner that builds from resiliencies, empowers changes and transforms adversity.
As a learning organization, we are searching for candidates, who may not possess all of the formal skills required for the role. We are looking for individuals that strive to meet the needs of the people we serve. In addition, we are looking for individuals with the following capacities: self-directed, enjoys people, embraces team work and is a life-long learner. Alta Care Resources is willing to invest in your learning by providing the support and training in the areas required to build your competencies and capacities.
As a member of the Alta Care Resources team, you will be involved in a highly dynamic human services organization that serves at-risk children, youth and families within the Edmonton region. Alta Care Resources is a progressive and exciting organization with over twenty years of experience in helping children, youth and families. All programs are currently contracted by Edmonton and Area Children and Youth Services.
The Dragonfly Child and Youth Care Worker provides a home like environment and provides primary care to children and youth that have complex needs. Child and Youth Care Workers maintain or increase the level of well-being, permanency, safety, and connection to supports available to their clients. The Dragonfly Child and Youth Care Worker will be expected to establish and maintain open and effective communication between children and youth, Child and Family Services, treatment team members, parents and other stakeholders to complete job duties. Additionally, this position will be required to develop the skills, shift perspectives and behaviors, develop care plans, and complete evidence based assessments. Child and Youth Care Workers develop youth driven care plans that meet the unique needs of clients that address needs in a trauma informed manner.
We may be the right work place for you, if you are a practitioner who:
- wants to work with families, youth and children in their greatest moment of need
- learns and grow on an on-going basis
- wants to have fun with your team and clients
- is willing to leave your “comfort zone” and change
- uses creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills to address client needs
- wants to use data analysis and research to enhance and build quality services
- uses their judgment and decision making to ensure ethical practice
- is open to learning human services policy and procedure, legislation, laws and standards
- wants to work in an open and diverse team
- wants to have a positive impact on their community
- Must be willing to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Must love interacting with children and youth and having fun
- Secondary School Diploma an asset
- University degree or diploma in Human Services or related field preferred
- Any experience in core-protection services an asset
- Ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to organize, evaluate, communicate and present information, both verbally and written
- Must be over 21 years old
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Must have a clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check
- Have a cell-phone and well maintained vehicle
- Have a class 5 non-GDL license
- Indoor and outdoor conditions
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, running, standing, sitting, and lifting
- Transporting clients in personal vehicle is required
- Schedules requires work on evenings and weekends, reflective of client needs
- Provide many different service streams
- Must be able to conduct restraints in a manner that is safe for the worker and client(s)
- Work with in client’s homes in the community
- Work will be conducted in environments that may have hygiene concerns
- Services will be provided to individuals with many different abilities, backgrounds, health statuses, and lifestyles
Degree or diploma in a human service field or certified as a Child and Youth Care Worker or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in group care services.
Final assessment of a candidates’ suitability will be based upon the following documents:
- Professional references
- Child Intervention Check
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstracts
- Verification of education
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume that indicate their capacity to address the needs of the clients we serve. If there is a match between the skills and experience and our agency needs, candidates will be contacted and asked to complete a written application which will be sent to them via email.
Based upon our review of the written application, those applicants who continue to describe their abilities and experiences in a manner that fulfills our agency needs will be asked to complete an assessment. The assessment will enable the candidate to determine if Alta Care Resources’ programs, services and philosophy align with individual career goals.
Final evaluation will be based on an in-person, written and interactive interview. This will be the final screening activity of the application stage.
Please Forward your resume to:
Nata Kasimova in Human Resources
By Email: Nata.Kasimova@altacare.ca
By Fax: 780-453-3723
Metis Spring Festival 2018
May 18 to 20 in St. Albert, Alberta
Public Notice: Proposed Terms of Reference for Environmental Assessment
Pembina Gas Services Ltd.