Chief Executive Officer: Northern Isga Foundation
Northern Isga Foundation
The Northern Isga Foundation is a not-for-profit organization created to support the collective interests of the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation. Its mandate is to direct the affairs of the organization as a holder of a Casino Gaming Licence issued by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission and to administer the disbursement of gaming proceeds from the Eagle River Casino. We are looking for a skilled and dedicated individual to lead this dynamic organization in the following role:
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer will be an individual who understands and is committed to supporting the aspirations of the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation. The CEO reports to, and is accountable to an independent Board of Directors, and will manage the operations of the Foundation. The key areas of responsibility include:
- Maintaining the Casino Gaming Licence on behalf of the Nation.
- Supervising the operations of the Charity Cage at Eagle River Casino and ensuring staffing demands are met.
- Is the reporting entity—Compliance Officer—for table games as per FINTRAC Canada legislation regarding Anti-Terrorism, Money Laundering policies.
- Maintaining positive relationships with the principal regulator (AGLC) through close compliance with their requirements.
- Day to day supervision and administration of the Foundation’s operational and financial activities.
- Responsible for the distribution of gaming proceeds in accordance with the direction from Chief & Council; subject to the policy and guidelines of the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
- Is the primary contact on behalf of the Foundation with all government agencies and Department Managers.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience working in a highly regulated industry, have a post secondary degree in business or finance, or a minimum of 5 years senior management experience. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, possess strong people skills, have experience in working in a cross-cultural environment, and be sensitive to First Nations culture and values. The successful candidate will be working at the Foundation office on the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation.
The successful candidate must provide a clear criminal records check and submit, and have approved a Due Diligence personal investigation with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
The Foundation has an attractive benefit and insurance package available.
Priority will be given to qualified members of the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation and then to other First Nations applicants.
Please submit you resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to:
Ms. Carol Palmer
Northern Isga Foundation
P.O. Box 338
Or by fax to 780 967-1039
Or email to: mailto:email@example.com
All applicants are thanked for their interest and will be contacted regarding the decision of the Board of Directors of Northern Isga Foundation.