Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Stoney Nakoda-Tsuu T’ina Tribal Council Ltd.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Job Location: Tsuu T’ina Nation/Stoney First Nations
Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Status: Full time
Stoney Nakoda – Tsuu T’ina Tribal Council Ltd. (the “Tribal Council”) is a Tribal Council formed by the Tsuu T’ina First Nation, Chiniki First Nation, Bearspaw First Nation and Wesley First Nation, each being a Member First Nation. The Tribal Council is responsible for the delivery of programs/services and/or capacity development to the Member First Nations, pursuant to the Tribal Council Funding Program Policy and Tribal Council Funding Agreements entered into by the Tribal Council, pursuant to the provisions of the Funding Policy.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has overall responsibility for the Tribal Council and the general management of, and control over, the businesses, activities and other affairs in accordance with policies, strategies and mandates established by the Directors of the Tribal Council. As a newly formed tribal council, the CEO will play a key role in establishing good governance, includes policies and procedures, so that the Tribal Council delivers programs/services and/or capacity development in an efficient manner that is fair and equitable to all the Member First Nations with the primary purpose of bettering each of the Member First Nations.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration; other pertinent degrees may be considered;
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ managerial experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a First Nation organization
- Experience in creating and implementing plans for a First Nation organization
- Strong understanding of a political environment
- Exemplary communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster collaboration among team members and functional areas
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to interact comfortably and collaboratively with people at all levels
- Sound judgement, strong teamwork and superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed management skills to ensure appropriate delegation, resource coordination, and monitoring of activities.
- Working knowledge of accounting and budgets
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work with integrity and confidentially
- Ability to be flexible and to work in demanding environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Willingness to travel
- Clear criminal record check
- Demanding office environment
Hours of Work
- Office hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Some work during evenings and weekends
- Some travel may be required
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and resume on or before August 18, 2017, to:
Tribal Common Human Resources
Stoney Tribal Administration Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (403) 881-2677
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.