Case Manager-Heart Lake First Nation
Competition Number 16082017-004 – MOTCCFS
Position: Case Manager-Heart Lake First Nation
Department: Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society
Deadline: September 22, 2017
Reporting to the immediate Supervisor/Team Lead, the incumbent is responsible for case management provisions of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, regulations, legislation and policy. Case management entails the provisions of tangible services in addition to giving support and information to Children, Youth and families and the coordination of services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure appropriate follow-up on cases and review of case planning and continuous ongoing assessment of the goals and objectives set to be accomplished.
- Attend case conference/meetings with agencies where appropriate and necessary with respect to case planning for the child and family.
- Preparation for Family Court as required, ensuring that cases are well prepared and presented to in Court. Ensures court circumstances adequately and fairly represented with factual information gathered form CYIM/CICIO. Court cases may include apprehensions, applications for Temporary Guardianship, Permanent Guardianship, Supervision Orders, Maintenance and Access Orders etc.
- Required to keep up-to-date on current practice and knowledge of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Services.
- Document all activities and case contacts regarding clients progress including face to face contact (face to face contact for non-verbal children in care is once a month).
- Co-ordinate the development of a comprehensive case plan in conjunction with the child, family members, appropriate agencies and resources to determine what services may be provided to the child and child’s family.
- Provides on-going advocacy on behalf of the child and family to the outside agencies and resources.
- Arranges any transportation services to and from scheduled appointments and family visits.
- Consults with Supervisor/Team Lead/Executive Director on matters regarding financial approvals.
- Provide presentation to the communities as required.
The Person must have all of the following:
Ø Bachelor of Social Work Degree, or a Social Work Diploma and or minimum 2-year experience in Child & Youth Services Equivalencies maybe considered. Priority will be given to individuals with delegation.
Ø Excellent interviewing, assessment and analytical skills.
Ø Excellent written and verbal skills as well as computer knowledge – (a must)
Ø Own transportation and a valid driver’s license, as travel is required.
Ø Undergo the following mandatory requirements: a recent Criminal Record Check, and an Intervention Record Check.
Ø Knowledge of the Cree Culture and the ability to speak Cree an asset.
[Please forward resume and reference to:]
Mamowe Opikihawasowin Tribal Chief Child and Family Services West Society
Box 275 Goodfish Lake, Alberta T0A 1R0
Phone (780) 645-6634 Fax: (780) 645-6647
Attention: Teresa Steinhauer
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted: