CAREGIVER, Private Home (Calgary, AB) - Expires June 23, 2018
Child caregiver private home
We are a professional couple with 3 children. Singleton girl aged five and boy/ girl twins age 3. Starting September 2018 we will require a caregiver. We live in Sage Hill, Calgary, Alberta. The position we seek is for a nanny to work in our home and be responsible for all tasks related to the care of our children. They will serve as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion to our children and should be willing to commit to a long-term arrangement for at least two years. The individual is someone who we would look forward to welcoming into our home as a family member. Our home is smoke free but does have two dogs (successful applicant must be comfortable with dogs).
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, healthy and safe environment for the children
- Tend to the emotional wellbeing of the children
- Supervise the children’s activities at all times
- Plan, prepare and feed nutritious meals
- Dress the children
- Bathe the children
- Perform housework related to childcare, including washing the children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas
- Teach the children good social manners
- Instruct children in personal hygiene
- Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors
- Take children to play centres, play dates and other organized activities at local centers (library, community center)
- Plan and lead educational preschool and school aged activities including reading, crafts, songs, activity books, worksheets, etc.
- Discipline the children, when necessary
- Administer medicine to the children when / if necessary
- Maintain tidy household
- Take children to and from bus stop and to and from preschool
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate
- Must have valid Canadian or International Driver’s License
- Preference to hire someone with nanny experience working with multiple children, including twins and is a parent themselves
- Clean background check / criminal check
- Clean driving record
- Completion of a training program in childcare or a related field
Excellent command of the English language. Open to introduce children to other languages
Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
Physical ability to care for 3 young children
Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
Excellent, verifiable references
Paying $15.00/hour, 44 hours per week, flexibility in hours sometimes required. Overtime needed on a monthly basis with some overnights and weekends.
Ability and willingness to travel in and out of Canada for family vacations or commitments
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. This is NOT a condition of employment.
- Public Transportation is available.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment groups include but are not limited to students, youth, veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, newcomers to Canada, seniors, apprentices.
- Employer to cover relocation costs.
Notice of Application
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
AMMSA launches News Archives site, and digitized back issues of Windspeaker
As of today, we are celebrating our 35th year of publishing Indigenous news with the launch of the new AMMSA News Archives.