CAREGIVER (Calgary, AB) - Expires June 7, 2018
We are a professional couple who is expecting twins. We also have 10 and 7 year old girls every second weekend and for half of the summer and half of Christmas break. Starting October 2018 we will require a full time caregiver. We live in Evergreen, Calgary, Alberta. The position we seek is for a nanny to work in our home and be responsible for all tasks related to the care of our children. They will serve as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion to our children and should be willing to commit to a long-term arrangement for at least two years. The individual is someone who we would look forward to welcoming into our home as a family member. We have an 8 year old Shar Pei dog who is extremely friendly and happy-go-lucky.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, healthy and safe environment for the children
- Tend to the emotional wellbeing of the children
- Supervise the children’s activities at all times
- Plan, prepare and feed nutritious meals
- Dress the children
- Bathe the children
- Potty training in the future for both children
- Perform housework related to childcare, including washing the children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas
- Teach the children good social manners
- Instruct children in personal hygiene
- Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors
- Take children to play centres, play dates and other organized activities at local centers (library, community center) in the future, when age appropriate
- Plan and lead educational preschool and school aged activities including reading, crafts, songs, activity books, worksheets, etc.
- Discipline the children, when necessary
- Administer medicine to the children when / if necessary
- Maintain tidy household
- Household laundry if time permits
- Comfortable with household pets
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate
- Preference to hire someone with nanny experience working with multiple children, including twins
- Clean background check / criminal check
- Completion of a training program in childcare or a related field.
- First aid training and CPR
- Authorization to work in Canada
- Excellent command of the English language. Open to introduce children to other languages
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for 2 young children
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Excellent, verifiable references
- Paying $13.50/hour, 40 to 44 hours per week, some flexible hours
- Public Transportation is available.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment groups include but are not limited to students, youth, veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, newcomers to Canada, seniors, apprentices.
- Employer to cover relocation costs.
Notice of Application
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
AMMSA launches News Archives site, and digitized back issues of Windspeaker
As of today, we are celebrating our 35th year of publishing Indigenous news with the launch of the new AMMSA News Archives.