BOARD DIRECTOR POSITIONS, Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (Calgary, AB) - Expires February 18, 2018
Board Director Positions
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS) is one of Canada’s largest public sector pension plan administrators. APS serves its members, pensioners, employers, pension plan governors, and the Government of Alberta in its administration of seven statutory pension plans and two supplementary retirement plans. APS is a provincial Crown corporation with the Government of Alberta as the sole shareholder.
- One Director position requires pension administration expertise and related risk management experience at a senior management level.
- The second Director position requires information technology expertise and related risk management experience at a senior management level.
- A Director position on the corporate Board provides a challenging and rewarding role, working with an engaged and high performing CEO and a team of Board Directors with diverse skills and talents who take pride in leading a great pension experience.
- The Board delegates operational responsibilities and authority to the CEO with clear expectations for corporate results and deliverables, which align with the Board approved Strategic Plan and Business Plan, and are within APS’ risk and compliance framework.
- A position on the APS Board requires a flexible schedule to accommodate approximately five meetings a year which are held in Edmonton.
The Skills Required
- You must be passionately engaged, and will have demonstrated experience in providing vision and leadership oversight of complex strategic planning processes with a client satisfaction focus.
- You have the ability to identify emerging trends and lead strategies leveraging emerging technologies.
- You will be a person of integrity, respected by your peers, with an outstanding, successful and proven track record in your profession, built on strong and appropriate post-secondary credentials.
- You will have excellent decision making skills, a strong understanding of business issues and risk management for oversight of an organization processing $6 billion in transactions annually.
- You will have prior experience as a Board member, or in executive management of a relevant, substantial corporate entity, functioning under a structured governance model with multiple stakeholder dynamics.
- You will have effective communication skills and the ability to navigate complex issues while working with a diverse group of people for a common goal.