Associate Producer-English Services, CBC/Radio-Canada (Prince Rupert, BC)
Associate Producer (English Services) - PRI00049
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are looking for an Associate Producer for our current affairs operation in Prince Rupert. The Associate Producer will be part of the radio production team working with producers and reporters to deliver highly crafted editorial material for a local morning show and newscasts. The successful candidate will have strong writing and desktop editing skills and news judgment and be able to work flexible shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
- Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout the BC Interior and the rest of the province. You’re innovative and will try new things, new workflows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
- Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in the BC Interior and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content.
- Culture: You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent, with a minimum two years in a similar position.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team, you may occasionally be leading your work group.
- Strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Ability to present on-air.
- Ability to work in a multi-platform environment.
- Strong and enthusiastic team player.
- Connected to the community.
- Curious, quick thinking, incisive and critical thinker.
- Innovative with programming ideas.
- Experience using social media to research, develop and source stories.
- Passionate about the Prince Rupert area and B.C. - both stories and issues. Knowledge of diverse communities an asset.
- Committed to serving and growing audiences.
Please include additional documentation or a link to your online demo or website, blog or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5bec78f302323f055ac3095a/5bd1cf77f9b05804a5380aed/en