Assistant or Associate Professor Appointments, Peter A. Allard School of Law (Vancouver, BC) - Expires December 15, 2017
Peter A. Allard School of Law
University of British Columbia
Assistant or Associate Professor Appointments
The University of British Columbia’s Peter A. Allard School of Law invites applications for one or two full-time tenure-track or tenured appointments. We are looking to hire candidates at the rank of Assistant Professor or candidates who have been promoted to Associate Professor no earlier than 1 July 2015. The invitation is broad in scope and not limited to particular subject areas or methodologies.
The Allard School of Law is committed to excellence in legal education and research. As part of an outstanding public university, situated on traditional ancestral and unceded Musqueam lands in one of the most open, diverse and beautiful places in the world, we offer an inspiring environment that combines rigorous professional legal education with an awareness of the role of law in society and a commitment to the rule of law and access to justice. More information about the Allard School of Law is available at www.allard.ubc.ca and http://www.allard.ubc.ca/about-us/allard-school-law-strategic-plan-2016-2021.
The Allard School of Law seeks emerging scholars, who have demonstrated potential for international profile and leadership, for appointment as Assistant or Associate Professors. An LL.B., J.D. or equivalent law degree is required, and, absent exceptional circumstances, a doctorate in law or related discipline is also required. The successful candidate will have an outstanding academic profile along with scholarly publications and a research plan that demonstrate the potential to contribute to the nationally and internationally acclaimed record of research and scholarship at one of Canada’s premier law schools.
Successful applicants will be expected to establish a highly productive scholarly agenda, to provide effective teaching and mentoring of J.D. and graduate students, to contribute to the core curriculum of the School of Law, and to assume leadership roles in the School of Law’s initiatives appropriate for the appointed rank.
The positions are expected to commence July 1, 2018. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the qualifications of the candidate.
Applicants should submit:
1. A cover letter indicating interest in a tenure-track or tenured appointment at the Allard School of Law at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor and describing:
- Academic and research accomplishments,
- Teaching experience (if any) and teaching interests particularly those among the courses in the School of Law’s first year or upper-level required curriculum, and
- Institutional contributions;
2. A curriculum vitae;
3. Undergraduate, law and graduate school transcripts;
4. A research agenda for the coming 3-5 years;
5. The names and contact information for three individuals who you have asked to submit letters of reference (applicants should contact the referees and arrange for them to send their letters directly to the School of Law at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2017);
6. Two representative scholarly publications or, where publications are not available, others samples of written work (publications will not be returned), and
7. Evidence of teaching effectiveness (such as evaluations), or, if no formal teaching experience, then evidence of teaching potential.
Electronic applications are required and should be submitted to the Appointments Committee (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is December 15, 2017. Referees should submit reference letters by the same date or as soon as possible thereafter. Unofficial academic transcripts may be submitted with the candidate’s initial application, but official academic transcripts will be required before appointment. Incomplete applications may not be accepted. The Committee may review files on a rolling basis and thus early applications are encouraged.
UBC hires on the basis of merit, is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community, and seeks to recruit candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
More information about the Faculty’s hiring interests may be posted from time to time at http://www.allard.ubc.ca/about-us/careers-allard-school-law.
Public Notice: Canadian Natural Resources Limited Horizon North Pit Extension Project
Canadian Natural Resources Limited (Canadian Natural) is seeking regulatory approval for the proposed Horizon North Pit Extension (NPE) Project.
Proceeding ID 350 • Prosper Petroleum Limited Prosper Rigel Project
Proceeding ID 350 -